Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Christmas Cards 2023

I’ve spent this week finishing up Christmas cards for my sponsored children through Love Lempira.  I kept things pretty simple this year since I’ve been busy finishing up the kids’ backpacks, but I like how they turned out.  I also went pretty deep into the theology of Christmas in my 2021 and 2022 letters, so I was ok keeping these shorter.  If you sponsor a child through Love Lempira, the deadline to send Christmas cards is September 5.

I used these pretty glittery cards, which I actually found in a closet left over from family Christmas cards a year or two ago.  I translated the short greeting inside which says, “joyful wishes for a wonderful Christmas season.” 


Along with the cards, each child will receive something nativity-related (either a bookmark or stickers) and something celebration-related (stickers featuring either hot cocoa or animals with gifts and decorations).



Inside the card I wrote: Christmas is to celebrate that Jesus was born to rescue us from sin and allow us to become children of God if we turn to Him. This is a hope that no one can take away from us no matter what, so we can always celebrate it.

For the older kids, I wrote a wish for their hearts to be filled with the warmth of joy like the warmth of the hot chocolate in the stickers.  For the younger kids, I wrote a wish for their celebrations to be as joyful as the animals in the stickers with their gifts and decorations.  

Comment below and share what you are sending in your Christmas letters this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment